Monday, November 29, 2010

a lovely monday....


taken by Stephen on our honeymoon on P.E.I.


Things I'm grateful for today


-candles burning * cozy feelings * pleasant smells

-beautiful music (Chopin, at the moment :)

-my baby boy sleeping so peacefully

-the beautiful snow outside

-projects to do

-the ability to learn new things

-God's continual grace and forgiveness to me every day

-good books that inspire me to be better

-good books that let me explore other places and meet other people (or Hobbits, and Dwarves, in this case :)

-my sweet mother in law taking me out for coffee this morning

-the amazing sewing machine my awesome husband just gave me

-being able to have Stephen here and not far away from me for months at a time

-Christmas decorations * gingerbread houses * glass balls* stockings * snowmen

-journalling

-homemade salad dressing :P

-being at home


Stephen is away for a few days now, with his work, so Ian and I are managing here alone. It's not so bad, yet. It's only been one day, and although I miss him, I'm so grateful for things like cell phones and video chat which make things so much nicer! I was just thinking last night how grateful I am that he's not a soldier, away from me for months at a time. I don't know how soldiers' wives do it. I'm just glad I don't have to.

Meanwhile, I have my many lists of things to do while he's gone. I love lists! They help me keep everything organized, give me a goal to work towards, provide that wonderful feeling of accomplishment when I check things off them, and are just plain fun to write out!

Stephen just got me this amazing sewing machine, which I'm so excited about! I've decided that my first project will be this baby quilt for Ian that I've been planning to make for months. I finally bought the fabric a few weeks ago, and last night finished cutting out all the squares. It's not a 'real' quilt. It's just a rag quilt. I'm not the most accomplished sewer (seamstress? :P) in the world, so I thought it wise to start with something on the more simple side. I can't wait to start working on it!

But before quilts, there are other things that need to be done. Like cleaning ovens. After all, one can't only put the fun things on lists. :)


2 comments:

  1. Wow. I am always so impressed by you and your sewing abilities. That's so awesome that Stephen got you a sewing machine.
    And I think you owe me an email or a phone call....;-) When works for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To everyone that reads these blogs, you are an inspiration :) Praise the Lord for sister's like you that are encouraging at the same time as sharing.
    I so hear about lists, I'm not use to them but I must start one now that I'm not working everyday. I need one haha
    I can't wait to see your quilt for Ian.
    Happy sewing :)

    ReplyDelete