Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Welcome to My Blog

I'm assuming that since you're here, you already know me, so I won't bother introducing myself. If you don't know me, and you're still here, I hope that you'll be able to get to know me a little bit through what I write and share with you through these....pages. :)
Why did I start this blog? Well, there are a few reasons. One: I love writing, but I'm one of those not very disciplined writers who write mostly when they feel "inspired", as oppose to a good writer who writes regularly, inspiration laden or not. :) So therefore, I thought that starting a blog would be a wonderful incentive to me to keep writing regularly, about all sorts of things!
Two, I think blogs are such a wonderful way to keep in touch with all those friends and family that you can't seem to write often enough. I know I love looking at pictures and seeing what my people are up to, so I wanted to do the same.
The biggest thing in my life right now, is the anticipation of our first baby! Our little junior is due in less than a week, so you'll have to forgive me if my writing slows down drastically before it really gets going. :)
I hope you enjoy what you read here, that you find things that make you laugh, challenge you, are just plain fun to read, and that you feel like we're not so far away from each other after all!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Told you I'd leave you a comment. =P

    Sigh. Both your 'about me' and this post make me want to hug you tightly, go to a coffee shop and talk and talk and then laugh and maybe cry. I miss you. I miss us. But I'm so glad for our men and our babies. Can't wait to kiss your little baby. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SOO excited that you started a blog!! And even MORE EXCITED for your little one to come!!! :-D Love you, Callie dear! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep checking your facebook, and now your blog waiting to hear when little Casson arrives :-) Thanks for starting a blog Caleigh, will be fun to be able to keep tabs on you from half way around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogs are awesome! I have a family member that has a blog and she has written about her pregnancy's and then the births and each thing her girls have learnt. I love reading it it's like reading a great book:) It's the only way we would know the girls because they live in Australia. I look very forward to your blog.

    Was that a little hint? that your having a son by referring to the baby as Junior??? Hmmmm I wonder. We await for the grand arrival of the new addition to your family :) You and Stephen are going to be awesome parents!!

    Caleigh here are some verses that I've tried to teach our children I would like to share them with you :)

    Proverbs 3:3-7 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

    ReplyDelete