Thursday, July 28, 2011

Our Little "English Cottage"

I wanted to share a few snapshots of the place we are now calling home.
We don't know how long we'll be here, but I intend to enjoy it as much as I possibly can while we are here!
 An old, mysterious looking barn-like structure.  I love the vines crawling up the side!
 As a little girl, I always thought weeping willows were some of the best trees, and I envied those who actually had such a tree in their yard.  Now I have joined the ranks of the envied. :)
 The most darling little garden ever!  It's mostly weeds right now, but as you can see, I've started pulling them out, going on a treasure hunt for what plants might still be growing there.  It's been fun...a word I never really thought I would use to describe gardening.  I'm actually quite excited about planting some herbs of my own there, it's not really big enough to do a whole lot else with, but having a few fresh things in my garden will be fun!

 Not much to look at on the outside, the inside is definitely much cuter!
 Our dining room.  I love how low the window is, it's the perfect height for looking outside while you're sitting at the table.
We were so blessed to have lots of friends help us unload the truck when we arrived, and two of my best friends, who had driven out to help us move, stayed around for a day or two to help us get things set up.  
Having books on the shelf, and pictures on the wall goes so far to make a house a home!  I love seeing the transformation from a plain-ish, empty house, to a cozy place to call our own!

4 comments:

  1. It looks lovely!! Can't wait to come see it in real life! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like the mysterious looking barn in the back. ( : You've done a great job getting it made into a homey place. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Caleigh, I had a strong suspicion that you had a wonderful imagination.....I like what you say about the little house on 10th....
    ~English Cottage~
    But.......More than that........it is very nice that you are enjoying it so much! Appreciate your great care of it and we hope you make a lot of wonderful memories there!

    Aunty Marion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! We're definitely enjoying the place, it's such a cute little spot, I love how the yard is landscaped especially! :) We're very blessed that you had it available and that we could take advantage of that!

    ReplyDelete