This morning I woke up before six. I do that quite often these days, with Ian, but today it was different because instead of going back to bed like I usually do, I decided to just stay up. Ian slept nearly the entire evening last night, so he was up quite a bit during the night, and this morning, I decided that instead of trying to sleep with a baby who simply was not tired, I might as well get up and take advantage of the situation.
Stephen got up early too. He's spending the day in Alberta on a shoot for work, and he'll be back tonight - thanks to a private jet owned by the client he's shooting for. :)
It's been so long since I've gotten up this early to stay, it's actually quite refreshing. There's nothing quite like an early morning. Everything is so fresh! I love looking out over the city and seeing the street lights still on, the pink glow of the sun beginning to rise, the light, misty fog that hovers over the ground, the gradual brightening of the sky as the sun comes up. Everything is so quiet and peaceful. It's so easy to think of all the things I'm grateful for when I have a morning like this.
Things I like about today.......
* Getting up early with Stephen
* Enjoying a hot cup of tea and toasted bagel outside
* Drinking in the fresh, early morning air
* The gift of baby "stations" that keep Ian happy and busy
* The anticipation of a whole day ahead of me, and the energy to get things done
* The gift of salvation from my Heavenly Father
* The absolute knowledge that I can't do anything good in my own strength, and the total confidence that I don't need to
* The fact that Stephen is only gone for the day, and will be back at night
* My sweet baby sleeping once again, not crying, not fussing, just sleeping, pure bliss. :)