Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Perfect Day....

Today was Stephen's and my first wedding anniversary. We started making plans for it yesterday....a little late, I know, but you see, we didn't even know if we were going to be celebrating it much this year. There were other possibilities: we could have been in the hospital, or at home....with a two day old baby! Since neither of these situations presented themselves, we decided to make plans for today.


We started the day off with breakfast....after sleeping in. :) I had so much fun preparing a special breakfast....bacon, eggs, toasted blueberry bagels, milk, coffee. And of course, conversation. :) It was so delightful to sit and talk, talk about the past year, talk about what we hope to do in the years to come....we were late for church because of it, but everyone was forgiving. (I'm sure more than one person thought we were heading to the hospital this morning! :P)


This evening, we drove to Kelowna to the El Dorado Hotel dining room where we had made reservations for tonight. It was a beautiful evening, raining off and on, with the sun shining between rain bursts...

We had the most incredible meal there, starting with an appetizer of assorted cheeses and meats and vegetables. Our enthusiastic server even brought us a plate of focaccia bread with vinegar and oil to dip it in - one of my favorite appetizers! :)

My entree consisted of an absolutely amazing steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and some delicious vegetables! Every bite was truly amazing. It was my first "professionally-cooked" steak in my life, and totally, one hundred percent worth the wait, and the price!


Stephen, being more adventurous than me, ordered a seafood linguine, with salmon, mussels, and shrimp. I actually tasted my first mussel, which is something I never thought I'd do! :P

When we made our reservations, we asked for "a private table, with a nice view" and this is what we got! The picture really doesn't do justice to the vibrancy of the flowers. They were so beautiful! It was this beautiful little garden, tucked away for the enjoyment of those who were walking by, or, like us, dining above it. It was such a beautiful evening, with the sun shining over the water!


They put these beautiful fresh flowers on our table, to help us celebrate our anniversary. (ours was the only table with flowers :) It was just one more touch to make the already wonderful evening a little more perfect.

For dessert, we ordered cheesecake, and wondered why it was taking so long, until our server came to the table with this beautiful creation! He even had a sparkler on top, but it was gone too soon for us to take a picture.

It was amazing cheesecake!



I saw this rainbow outside just after we had finished eating, and I had to capture it.

Stephen took me to this park after we were through dining, and we enjoyed the sunset from the beach. He's so good at making things special, and planning things out. I've never met anyone else who's as good at planning surprises as he is! This dinner wasn't a surprise, but he still planned it, and it was perfect. :)

I have a love for lamp posts.....someday, when we have a house, and a garden, I want there to be lamp posts everywhere.... :)

Me and my man, on the beautiful evening of our first anniversary. :)



6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Looks like a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st year anniversary Caleigh! Looks like you celebrated well! :-) I'm looking forward to hearing of your little one's arrival! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! Love the cheesecake! Love you guys! Happy first year!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet!!! I'm sure it made it even more special having your time at the restaurant personalized! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! The personalized restaurant service made it extra special! :-)

    And, CONGRATULATIONS!!! on the birth of your new little son, Ian Charles Luke Casson!!! (I hope I got his name right :-) We'd love to see pictures and hear everything when you feel up to it!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breanne set me straight on Ian's middle names... sorry! Are Stephen's middle names Charles Arthur? That's why I got confused :-P Anyway, so, so excited for you all!!

    (and I left a 'double' comment as I didn't remember leaving the first one ;-P)

    ReplyDelete