Friday, April 1, 2011

This is Spring!

 
(flowers that Stephen gave me on a day that was looking particularly grey....they cheer me up every time I look at them!!)

My favorite season has always been autumn.  But this year, I think it's spring. :)  It's been winter so long that I've begun to sympathize with the Narnians.  But in  the last few days, I've woken up, and it's been Spring!  Suddenly the days are longer, I'm waking up to light, instead of dark, and the sun is shining!  
I was washing dishes this morning and could hardly keep myself inside to finish up before grabbing Ian and rushing out for a walk in the glorious sunshine and melting snow!
I've felt such a dullness lately, such a lack of inspiration, especially for writing.  I admit, I was having difficulty with being grateful for things, and the saying "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all," was hammered so well into my head, that for a long time, I didn't feel like doing any writing. No journalling, blogging or anything of the sort!
But it's different now.  Somehow one or two days of sunshine can change so much!  There are so many things to be grateful for!  There always are, sometimes you just have to look harder, and be grateful for the tiny blessings that come your way every day.


(one of the biggest blessings in my life - my sweet, happy baby boy, I pretty much adore him! :)

Today I got to go to the library, a treat I haven't enjoyed in months!  It was wonderful to go for a walk, and find one of my favorite places only fifteen minutes away!  It's definitely going to be one of those places I visit frequently!  Ian even enjoyed it!  He was so good, sitting at my feet while I perused a couple of books I had selected for the time I was there.  Going to the library as a child was always such a fun time for me, and I'm so excited about making it the same way for Ian!
What are some of your favorite places to go?

1 comment:

  1. The library was always a special memory for me too as a child... and I still love them. :-D One of the things I loved about living right in Olds was a 5min walk to the library - one Peter and I did regularly! :-)

    ~R

    ReplyDelete