Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Home Alone, and Happily So!


For the first time in over a month, the first time since we've moved to Edmonton, we're alone in our little home, Stephen, Ian and I. As much as I Love having company, there is something so peaceful and wonderful about it just being us.
It's been an intensive couple of weeks. Besides just having people staying here, (which isn't all that intensive, since they were all family or very close friends) our car was rear-ended two days in a row, making things that much more complicated. About two weeks later, we're still waiting to hear back from our insurance company about maybe getting a new car. (Yes, unfortunately it was that serious)

But life goes on. Things come up, and you deal with them, because you really don't have any other choice.
Oh yes, and we have internet back now, after being without it for almost two weeks. :P I began to realize just how much I enjoyed having access to so much through the internet! But, on the flip side, in spite of the few minor inconveniences that came with being without internet, there were a lot of positives as well. For instance, it's hard to waste time on facebook when you can't read it! And also, when I wasn't able to spend time on the internet, getting some real writing done happened a little more!

This is one of my favorite things about living in Edmonton. :) I honestly never thought that Breanne and I would live close enough to have tea together, to get together for scrapbooking and talking, or to be able to get together doing fun things (like the West Edmonton Mall, for instance. :) I love being so close!



No comments:

Post a Comment