I have discovered the Best scone recipe ever! I have also discovered something about myself. :) I love finding new, amazing, delicious recipes, and trying them out! I love trying out new foods and being delighted when I find something I love! I've been on the lookout for a really good scone recipe for some time now, and I'm convinced I've found it!
3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the egg, yogurt and vanilla just until combined. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times.
- Roll into a 9-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with sugar. bake at 425 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
They're amazing served with butter and jam, or cheese, if you prefer! And of course, pots of tea, served with cream and honey. :)
I definitely think my English blood is coming out very strong, I love stopping for tea, and sitting down and really have a real cup of tea, not just drinking one on the fly! I love the tradition of having tea every day, I think we should try to reinstate in our culture. :)