Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Best Scones!

I have discovered the Best scone recipe ever! I have also discovered something about myself. :) I love finding new, amazing, delicious recipes, and trying them out! I love trying out new foods and being delighted when I find something I love! I've been on the lookout for a really good scone recipe for some time now, and I'm convinced I've found it!

Featherlight Scones
3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup cold butter or margarine
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons milk
  • sugar

  1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the egg, yogurt and vanilla just until combined. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times.
  2. Roll into a 9-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with sugar. bake at 425 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
They're amazing served with butter and jam, or cheese, if you prefer! And of course, pots of tea, served with cream and honey. :)
I definitely think my English blood is coming out very strong, I love stopping for tea, and sitting down and really have a real cup of tea, not just drinking one on the fly! I love the tradition of having tea every day, I think we should try to reinstate in our culture. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have added this to my list of things to make for my grandparents when the come visit this spring! I can't eat the gluten, myself, so the next best thing would be to watch someone else eat the best scones ever. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I made these today for my two boys and myself at snack time. I make a lot of scones but these ARE the best! I used plain yogurt and 1 tsp vanilla and they turned out perfect! Thanks for posting this recipe:)
    www.indiemountainmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete