Friday, June 3, 2011

Wild Earth Bakery

At the recommendation of my sister and brother in law, Stephen and I decided to check out this bakery on Sunday.  It's a homey, "down to earth," "from scratch" bakery where all the food is simply amazing!  
I was just as delighted with the decor as I was with the food, I have to confess.
It almost felt like going into the sort of bakery you would discover in Middle Earth, if they had such things as bakeries there....



These lamps had such a "Middle-Earth/Elvish/Dwarvish" feel to them, and I was very tempted to steal a couple. :P  But I didn't.




A few weeks ago, I had this fun idea of taking pictures of decor when I liked it, whether it was in a restaurant, store, bakery....you name it!  I so often see styles that I love when I'm out and about, and I wanted to capture them so that someday, if we have our own place, I can look back over all these pictures, and remember cool things that I'd like to incorporate into my home.
I love being creative with decorating, and making a house a really beautiful, welcoming place to be!  It's so much fun to turn a blank wall into a friend (okay, I think I stole that phrase from Anne... :P) by putting up a wreath, or a collection of pictures! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the decor, what a cute spot!
    Caleigh, I don't know if you'll remember me but... Holly? From Rose of Sharon? :)
    I'm married and living in Hawaii now, expecting my first (daughter) in September. So glad to have found your little corner of the internet!

    ReplyDelete